Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NINE DOLLARS!!!

      We are spending a second night here at Lake Murray State Park, just south of Ardmore, OK and for great reasons!
      Let me begin by explaining the title of tonight's blog.  We were in Ardmore today, waiting for the Honda to be repaired (more later) and I was examining the tires on the RV.  A couple of nights ago we met Randall at the park on Lake Texoma.  He and his wife are full-time RV'ers and have been for 11 years now.  They also teach seminars to new RV'ers and Randall gave us some great tips.  One of those tips was to MAKE SURE I regularly check my tires.  So, I called HUDSON TIRE Service here in Ardmore and asked if I could bring the rig in and they said "Sure!".  So, the fellow checked pressure on all the tires and swapped out our spare for one of the tires showing signs of cracking.  I left the rig with them while we went to lunch with Owen (more about him later!).  Upon returning I went to pay the bill and the fellow says, "That'll be $9!  You could have knocked me over with a feather!  I actually felt like I wanted to argue with him and pay more, but he just says, "we like to treat people fairly".  And that sums up everyone we've met in this town.  Hospitality, friendliness and fairness.
     So, Owen met us at the tire repair shop and gave us a tour of Ardmore, including a great BBQ lunch at Smokin' Joe's BBQ.  Great ribs!!  Owen,his Dad and his brother Tim are very active and engaged in revitalizing downtown Ardmore.  They've got buildings and businesses and apartments.  Plus, they're just super people!  I am certain we have begun a long lasting friendship with Owen.
Owen and Muggy outside Smokin' Joes BBQ, Ardmore OK
          Plus, we received word today that my niece does NOT have cancer and we are thanking God for His continual blessings!!
      Be safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment