Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ashdown, AR

     We are "camped" at Millwood Landing, about six miles east of Ashdown, AR.  The quotes around the word camped are 'cause we're not sure this is really camping.  We've got hot and cold running water, a kitchen, a/c, comfortable chairs, directv and just about all the comforts of home.  We are definitely enjoying our ourselves.
     We took a drive into Ashdown yesterday and visited a couple of antique stores.  Some very nice stuff and a lot of stuff that fits into the category of "why would I pay money for that?"  We also visited the Millwood Dam on the Red River. 
     As I watched the water pouring over the spillway I was impressed with the power of the water and I realized that for two days in a row I have taken notice of water in a meaningful way.  The day before I stood on the banks of the Mississippi and watched the thousands of gallons of water per second flowing by.  I've made a mental note to myself to be thinking and continuing to take note of life lessons to be learned from this.
     We fished a little bit last night in the lake on the property here.  Fortunately, we didn't catch anything!



No comments:

Post a Comment